Borderline offers cooking classes in which you can learn to cook Shan, Karen, Burmese and other foods of the region. Each course begins with a guided trip through Mae Sot’s main market to purchase the ingredients to prepare a snack, salad, main course and a drink. Once you have finished preparing your food, you can enjoy it in our Tea Garden! At the end of the course, each participant receives their own copy of our cookbook.
- Our classes can be held from Tuesday till Sunday, at 9 am or 3 pm
- A class last between 3 and 4 hours including eating the result
- Each participant receives a copy of our own cookbook
- For a group of 3 – 6 people the cost is 600 baht per person
- For 2 people the cost is 750 baht per person
- For 1 person the cost is 1000 baht per person
- Borderline will try to match individuals interested in sharing the course costs
- All profits from the courses contribute to the work of Borderline
- A deposit of half the cost of the course is requested at the time of booking.
- All classes need to be scheduled at least a day in advance
To sign up
Please contact us at the Borderline Tea Garden either by email at [email protected], or by telephone (055 546 584) and (0937196598). Alternatively, if you are already in Mae Sot, please feel free to drop by the shop. The opening hours are 7.30am – 9pm Tuesday through Sunday.