We offer cooking classes to learn to cook vegetarian Shan, Karen, Burmese and other foods of the region. Each course begins with a guided trip through Mae Sot’s main market to purchase the ingredients. Once you have finished preparing your food, you can enjoy it in our Tea Garden! Each participant also gets to take home their own copy of our cookbook.
- Classes are scheduled as you wish, either morning time at 9 am or afternoon time at 3 pm. The cooking class will last 3.5 hours, which includes the shopping groceries at the market and cooking hours.
- For a group of 3 – 6 people the cost is 500 baht per person
- For 2 people the cost is 600 baht per person
- For 1 person the cost is 1000 baht
- Borderline will try to match individuals interested in sharing the course costs
- All profits from the courses contribute to the work of Borderline
- A deposit of half the cost of the course is requested at the time of booking.
- All classes need to be scheduled at least a day in advance
To join our cooking course, please contact us.